Delinquent Utility Bills
- The City of Fergus Falls bills utilities monthly. Bills are due on the 15th or the next business day if the 15th is on a weekend or holiday.
- The current penalty rate is 10%.
- Disconnect notices are mailed for any account that is two months past due. The disconnect notice states the day services will be discontinued if the account is not paid in full.
- Delinquent notices are mailed to the owner on record every month an account is delinquent.
- If water is disconnected, a reconnection fee of $35 must be paid before the service will be connected. If this reconnection is made after normal business hours (8-4:30 Monday through Friday), an additional $75 will be charged.
- Delinquent accounts that are 45 days delinquent are certified to the property taxes by the end of December.
For assistance please call 218-332-5454