The Fergus Falls Police Department provides law enforcement and public safety services for the benefit of the community. Primary activities include:
- Enforcement of state and city laws
- Protection of people and property from criminal activity
- Traffic control and investigation of traffic accidents
- Investigation and documentation of complaints related to petty misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors or felonies
- Administration of crime prevention programs
- Preventative patrol
The Fergus Falls Police Department is a full service agency made up of administration, patrol, investigations, a school resource officer, records and a drug task force agent. There are 23 officers, five full-time and one part-time support staff who take pride in the service they provide to the community. Police personnel respond to calls for medical assistance, disasters, aid to other departments, calls for service or aid to the public.